Today was the opening of the October General Conference of the Church, and for us, a significant announcement was made. A temple will be built in the Greater Kansas City area. President Monson opened the Conference announcing that there would be five new temples. I jokingly said, "Kansas City, Kansas City!" Then, when he announced it, Mike and I looked at each other in disbelief. I didn't hear much of the rest of President Monson's talk because I was so overcome! What a great blessing this will be for us. It is about a four hour drive for us to get to the St. Louis Temple, so having a temple here will be great! They didn't announce where in Kansas City it will be located, or even if it would be in Missouri or Kansas, but it doesn't matter to me. It will be close enough!The rest of General Conference today was wonderful. The talks were all so inspiring. This is truly one of my favorite times of the year. We invited Linda Covell over to watch Conference with us. Linda was baptized in August and this is the first time she's seen Conference. I think she loved it. It has been a great day!





2 comments:
Yah, as soon as they announced it my mom said,"Susie is going to be so happy! Now maybe I can get her to do some names!" and sure enough a few minutes later, you called! Ha ha. That is exciting, though!
Wow, how exciting. It's great to have a temple nearby, even if it's a small temple (I don't know what size the one nearby you will be). Mom said it was near Liberty. It got me thinking, there's still some lots there reserved for other temples: Far West, Independence...church headquarters must be expecting that area to really grow if they aren't using the Far West lot yet. I read about your family holding seminary, are you teaching it, or is your house just being used. I was surprised to hear about the desks because when I went to my seminary teachers' house growing up, we sat on couches--but the desks are probably a better idea anyway. I wish the best for your family.
Post a Comment