Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jace's Eagle Project

The finished project!
Mud, Mud, Mud!!!

Digging the trench.


Jace just finished his Eagle Scout project. Whew! He is almost there! He chose to do his project for Spofford, a home for abused children here in Kansas City. They had a drainage problem near the playground area that was washing away the mulch in the playground and causing the ground to be extremely muddy. The day of the project, this was very evident as you can see from the pictures above. They had to build a retaining wall out of railroad ties, dig a trench on the back side of it, and place a pipe there to drain the water. Then that had to be back filled and grass seed put down with straw over the top. We had dozens of people from our ward show up, for which we are truly grateful! They made the work easy and fast, even if they all got a little muddy! Good Job Jace!




1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Jace! A few months ago Nick, Morgan and I went to an Eagle scout's court of honor (or whatever you call that) and during the middle of it, I whispered to Morgan about how he too can be an Eagle scout. And then Morgan yells in the middle of it "I don't want to be an Eagle Scout! It's too boring!" Nice. I guess he wasn't too impressed with the court of honor; a little bored.