Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School Time!

Well, at last the kids are back in school! Well almost all the kids. Matt is still hanging around waiting to go on his mission. But the rest of the gang are back in the swing of things. And that means that I am back to my peaceful, quiet home during the day. Not that I don't miss those little darlings, but it is nice to have some peace and quiet each day. Jace is now a mighty senior! He auditioned for the Fall Play and got a couple of parts. McKinzie is a seventh grader now and is loving being back in school. She likes school, but she loves the social part of it. And Mr. Jack is in 4th grade this year. He is really liking his teacher, Ms. Kime, despite the fact that none of his buddies ended up in his class. I am starting back at Institute class, and we are studying the Book of Mormon this year. Matt has been going with me and it has been great. Unfortunately, back to school time means nothing to Mike, who does the same thing everyday, all year long. He had a case where he was defending someone who was being sued for a large amount. He had the possibility of going to London and Hong Kong to take depositions in the case, and I was getting my passport ready. But the other side folded after he counter-sued and said they were settling the case for $0, which made his client happy, but ripped him off of a chance to visit Hong Kong. Oh, well, if he wasn't such a good attorney. He does have another case, though, where he has been going to Boston quite a bit, so that is some consolation since he loves Boston! He is also busy teaching early morning Seminary. I don't know how he does it!

No comments: