Ok, I have to admit it. I am an Olympics maniac! For two weeks, every two years, I am glued to my TV. And the Bejing Olympics were amazing. Most of us at our house watched the Opening Ceremony, and it was spectacular. I loved all the symbolism and culture represented, and how cool is it that it was on 08-08-08. One of my favorite parts was the 2008 drummers. All of the performers were so synchronized, it was amazing to watch. I wonder if we will ever see another opening ceremony like the one they put on. The games were incredible! We jumped up and down and cheered as Michael Phelps won his gold medals. I still can't believe how close a couple of those races were. The gymnastics was great to watch, as always, and Jack has not stopped bugging me since about taking gymnastics lessons. My other favorite moments were when the USA Men's Volleyball team won the gold, after the coach's father in law was killed in Bejing. What a great story of triumph over tragedy. And the Dream Team finally made the dream come true. It was funny to see how much the people of China love basketball and Kobe Bryant. It was a fabulous two weeks, and I cried when I watched the closing ceremony, knowing that it will be another 18 months before I will hear that Olympic music sounding from my TV again!
Life is a Mission - WA'RANIN
14 years ago





1 comment:
Susan, we loved the Olympics as well. We all went to bed so late every night! Even cooler than the Olympics starting on 08/08/08 is that Hannah turned 8 yrs. old on 08/08/08! Pretty cool, huh? Too bad she had to be baptized on 08/09/08, which was a Saturday and the best time for everyone to make it. She was baptized in Utah with family all around, though. It was really neat!
Paula
Post a Comment