OK, I admit it! I am coming clean. I love Charles Dickens. Mind you, I know he is an author, and I am not a reader. I also know that he died 140 years ago, but that does not change my love for him and his stories!! I grew up with Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol, so I have always been a little familiar with him, but it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I was introduced to movie adaptations of some of his other novels. I have been hopelessly in love ever since. It started with Nicholas Nickleby, and then David Copperfield. Mike even fell in love with them too! We then watched Great Expectations, Bleak House, The Old Curiosity Shop, and Our Mutual Friend. All amazing stories, with unforgettable characters, and they prompted Mike to start reading Dickens. So you can imagine our excitement when we found that they were presenting "The Tales of Charles Dickens" this year on Masterpiece Theater. It started with a new adaptation of Oliver Twist. It was good, and very different from the many others that have been done. But, we couldn't wait for Little Dorrit, a new adaptation and a 5 part series!! It started out with just Mike and I watching, then Jace, McKinzie and Jack all eventually joined in, and by week 3 we were all glued to our TV. Jack thought it was "fascinating" and McKinzie said that it is her favorite Dickens movie so far. We all agreed that it was an amazing story and we can't wait to watch it again!
Life is a Mission - WA'RANIN
14 years ago





1 comment:
I just finished watching "Our Mutual Friend"--so good!!
Post a Comment